The following information will be discussed with you by your treating team, and is laid out here so that you may refer back to it at any time.
Ramsay Health Care has a zero tolerance to aggression. Physical and/or verbal aggression towards any other client, visitor or staff member will not be tolerated and will result in immediate discharge from the Clinic.
Client Care Category/Alert Status
In order to ensure that you are cared for in the least restrictive environment and whilst maintaining a safe environment for all patients, a formal risk assessment will be completed for you.
This is to ensure that your safety needs are assessed, identified and appropriate interventions implemented throughout your admission.
Categories are as follows:
- Category 1: Unrestricted. You may take leave for up to two hours for external appointments or commitments without being accompanied. Whilst in the Clinic staff need to visually sight you at least every 2 hours.
- Category 2: Restricted to Leave. Whether you are permitted to leave the Clinic will be at the discretion of your treating doctor and/or nurse in charge. If you are permitted to leave you will need to have a staff member, a family member or carer with you. Whilst in the Clinic staff must visually sight you at least every 1 hour.
- Category 3: Restricted to the Clinic. If you need to leave the Clinic you must be accompanied by a staff member. Whilst in the Clinic staff must visually sight you at least every ½ hour.
- Category 4: Restricted to the Unit. If you need to leave the Clinic you must be accompanied by a staff member. Whilst in the Clinic staff must visually sight you every 15 minutes.
- Category 5: Special. No leave at all and a staff member must stay with you at all times.
Note: All patients upon admission are allocated Category 3 for the first 24 hours. This is then reviewed by your treating doctor and team. At anytime a clinical staff member may increase your category status if they believe your safety is at risk.
To help with the transition from the Clinic to going home you maybe granted day leave.
Generally, this means that you will need to return to the Clinic by 9:00 pm. It is vital that Unit staff know your whereabouts at all times. Therefore, please see the nursing staff before you leave the Clinic.